RAoK - Random Acts of Kindness.
Once, when I was just received my driver's license and still hadn't learned to keep track of my various gauges - like, say, the gas gauge - my car sat in a parking lot and refused to start. My poor car was empty, as was my wallet. A generous stranger was kind enough to purchase a tank of gas for me. When I asked how could I repay him, penniless as I was, he merely asked me, one day, to help someone else out. That RAoK experience has stayed with me throughout the years.
A RAoK can take many forms. It can be helping out without being asked or an unexpected gift. For this month's contest, let's show the love to our fellow deviants and dear ones. Write a gift fic for someone close to you. It can be another deviant (there's so many wonderful people here!) or someone offline (spread the love!). Write your fan fiction specifically for your chosen recipient.
- You entry must be written for this contest and submitted after July 30th and before the cut off date of Aug. 21st, 11:59 PM (Pacific Time).
- Please list out who your gift fan fiction is for somewhere in your deviation - the artist's comments or in the deviation itself.
- You may ask your recipient for a request, if you would like, but it is not required. You may write a prompt of your own choosing, if you'd prefer.
- One entry per deviant.
- All entries must be fan fiction. All fandoms are welcome.
- All entries must follow DeviantArt submission guidelines (no porn).
- Both prose and poetry are acceptable.
- Maximum word count: 1,000 words. No minimum word count.
- Original characters/fan characters are acceptable, but the franchise must be recognizable.
- Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, proper grammar use and how entertaining/engaging they are.
- Please note me a link to your entry with the subject line "RAoK Fanfic Contest" before the deadline.
- Link this contest journal somewhere in your deviation, either the deviation itself or in the artist's comments.
- 1st Place - 1,000
- 2nd Place - 500
- 3rd Place - 250
- All entries will be featured in the winners' announcement journal!
If you have any questions, please ask!