We have taken a closer look at the deviantArt Photomanipulation Gallery and found that two of the subcategories get little to no submissions on a regular basis. Those two galleries are
Minimalism & Psychedlic
Both galleries are leftovers from the early days of deviantArt and since then, with the addition of more photomanip-relevant subcategories, they have bocome obsolete. Now it is time to move the current submissions to a more appropriate sub-category and for this we need your help!
If you have any deviations in your gallery that are currently located in either Photomanipulation > Minimalism or Photomanipulation > Psychedelic, please relocate them to a different, appropriate sub-category!
To help you decide, here's a run-down of the available categories:
(Most of the Minimalism/Psychedlic submissions would probably fit well into the Abstract Category)
- Animals & Plants: Photomanipulations focusing on the depiction of animals (mammals, insects, fish, etc) and/or plants (flowers, trees, etc).
- Fantasy: Photomanipulations focusing on the depiction of a fantasy theme.
- Macabre & Horror: Photomanipulations suggesting the horror of death and decay and/or expressing an intense, painful feeling of repugnance and fear.
- People: Photomanipulations focusing on depicting a person or a group of people.
- Pop Art: Photomanipulations of objects or scenes from everyday life employing techniques of commercial art and popular illustration.
- Political: Photomanipulations that speak to current or historical events in the political arena or depict political figures.
- Landscapes & Scenery: Photomanipulations depicting an expanse of scenery generally found outdoors or derived from fiction.
- Sci-Fi: Photomanipulations focusing on a sci-fi theme of futuristic themes/technologically advanced people, on earth or on other planets.
- Surreal: Photomanipulations with the surreal or disorienting quality of a dream.
- Dark: Photomanipulations which are dark in theme or mood, and have a mystical, obscure, sombre, grim or sinister expression.
- Emotional: Photomanipulations with the intent to convey an emotion.
- Conceptual: Photomanipulations with the intent to convey a concept rather than focus on the subject shown.
- Humourous: Photomanipulations indicating or expressing a sense of humor.
- Abstract : Photomanipulations focusing on using colour or form in an abstract style.
- Miscellaneous: Miscellaneous photomanipulations (please only put those manips in here that will fit nowhere else)
Feel free to note me should you need any advice or help relocating your images.
For help on the "technical side", please take a look at FAQ #72: How do I edit or delete my deviation or scrap submissions?
Jasmin aka `kuschelirmel